Lords Pavilion within the Lords Cricket Ground is the original Grandstand/Terrace Building to this establishment housing the members/players enclosure.
The internal fabric of the building is to be totally refurbished.
Over a period of many years, the basement walls & floor have suffered from dampness caused by the following:-
a) Rising damp to internal walls.
b) Ground water penetration to external perimeter walls.
c) Ground water penetration to the basement floor.
The rising damp to the internal walls appears to be due to little evidence of an effective damp proof course. The ground water penetration to the perimeter walls is being caused by external ground levels being much higher than the internal basement floor level together with a high water table in this area affecting the basement solid floor. Renderseal Ltd were awarded the contract by Main Contractor Sames Plc to undertake the damp/waterproofing contract in accordance with the design/specification given by the Ettwein Bridges Architects & technical advice given by Sika Ltd.
Our works consisted of the following:-
1) Removal of all existing plastered/rendered surfaces back to bare clean masonry.
2) Bush hammering all exposed masonry & floor slabs (new & existing) to provide 100% key including the new lift pit.
3) Installing a new chemical damp proof course to all external & internal walls using the Safeguard Dryzone chemical methods.
4) Applying Sikadur Combiflex waterproof expansion jointing system, at wall/floor junctions & construction joints.
5) Applying Sika 1 pre batched waterproof rendering system to all walls full height.
6) Laying Sika 1 pre batched 38mm thickness waterproof screed to new & existing concrete floor slabs.
7) Within the existing stairwell areas the existing floor surfaces were to remain insitu & we applied 2coats of Sikadur 32 epoxy coating thereby forming a vapour proof barrier to these floor areas.
The above specification in accordance with BS 8102 Grade 3 upon completion of our works the above works are fully guaranteed by this company for a period of 10 years.
Lords Cricket Ground